Iran and Oman work on temporary Hormuz shipping route as Trump threatens to claim the strait
Iran and Oman work on temporary Hormuz shipping route as Trump threatens to claim the strait Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said on Sunday that Tehran and Muscat were working to establish a temporary maritime route through the Strait of Hormuz, while stressing that the talks were separate from any decision on reopening the strategic waterway. “The routes that existed previously are no longer functional, so a new route needs to be defined,” Araghchi said. “For now, we are designing a temporary route, which can then, at a later stage, be turned into a final route.
