Dubai [UAE], March 4 (ANI): Lara Dutta Bhupathi on Wednesday revealed that she is in Dubai with her daughter, Saira, amid ongoing tensions in the Middle East due to the Iran-Israel conflict. Describing the past few days as stressful, she shared in a video on her Instagram, 'Lots of fighter jets flying overhead, lots of loud booms.
Late-night hosts on Tuesday addressed the war in Iran, the closing of Papa Johns restaurants and the upcoming White House correspondents dinner Late-night hosts criticized Donald Trump ’s attacks on Iran, the problem with advising Americans to evacuate the Middle East and the closure of many college students’ favorite pizza takeout spot. Continue reading...
Turkey summons Iranian envoy over missiles fired towards airspace The Turkish foreign ministry has summoned the Iranian ambassador to Ankara to express concerns over a ballistic missile fired from Iran into its airspace, a Turkish diplomatic source said. Nato air defences destroyed the missile launched from Iran into Turkish airspace earlier on Wednesday, marking the first time a Nato member has been drawn into the conflict.
Oman rescues 24 people from ship following attack Oman's navy has rescued 24 people from a Maltese-flagged cargo ship after it was attacked by missiles near the Strait of Hormuz, Oman's news agency reported. According to the report, the 24-strong crew were rescued and provided with medical treatment.
Explosions heard over Jerusalem: Report AFP reported that fresh blasts were heard over Jerusalem following a missile alert issued by the Israeli military. The explosions came shortly after a salvo of missiles was detected about two hours earlier.
Pedro Sanchez doubled down on Madrid's opposition to the conflict despite Trump's threat to cut off trade with Spain Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has strongly condemned the US-Israeli military campaign against Iran, despite the threat by US President Donald Trump to cut off all trade with Ma
Sri Lanka recovers 87 bodies of Iranians from sunk warship Sri Lanka's navy has recovered 87 bodies of sailors from an Iranian warship that was sunk on Wednesday by a US submarine off the island's southern coast, police and defence officials said. "We have collected 87 bodies, and a search is still on for the others who are still missing," a navy official told AFP. Police and navy spokespeople said 61 sailors were still missing.
WARSAW -- EU foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas says she doubts Iran's capacity to sustain its pace of attacks on countries across the Middle East given its decimated military following the 12-day war last year with Israel and the current US-Israeli campaign launched against it over the weekend.
(260304) -- COLOMBO, March 4, 2026 (Xinhua) -- A Sri Lankan Navy spokesperson speaks at a press conference held by the Sri Lankan Department of Government Information in Colombo, Sri Lanka, March 4, 2026. At least 100 people were feared dead on board the Iranian frigate IRIS Dena after the vessel sustained a possible submarine attack off the Sri Lankan coast on Wednesday morning, according to Sri Lankan navy sources.
‘Isolated’ Iranian forces suspected of firing missile towards Turkey Submitted by Ragip Soylu on Wed, 03/04/2026 - 13:12 Ankara insiders believe further Iranian missiles fired into Turkey would escalate tensions between two neighbours Debris from a Nato air defence system that intercepted a missile launched from Iran is seen in Dortyol, in southern Hatay province, Turkey, 4 March 2026 (Ihlas News Agency via Reuters) Off An Iranian ballistic missile that was heading towards Turkish airspace before being intercepted by Nato air and missile defence systems near the southern city of Hatay on Wednesday may have been fired by “isolated” Iranian elements, Middle East Eye understands. Since the beginning of the joint US-Israeli strikes over the weekend, Iran has avoided Turkish airspace, refraining from firing any missiles or drones toward the Nato ally, which hosts American forces and installations. The downed missile, possibly intercepted by Nato ships deployed in the Eastern Mediterranean, was flying nearly 100km east of Turkey’s Incirlik Air Base, which previously hosted US military troops.
COLOMBO, March 4 (Xinhua) -- At least 80 on board the Iranian frigate IRIS Dena were killed after the vessel was attacked and sunk by a U. S. military submarine off the southern coast of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka's Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Arun Hemachandra said Wednesday.
Kiev could help Gulf states repel Iranian strikes if they work for Ukraine in talks with Moscow Vladimir Zelensky has offered to provide Gulf nations with Ukrainian instructors to help them fend off Iranian drone and missile strikes, but only in exchange for liaison with Moscow on Kiev's behalf.
Hegseth confirms US sinking of Iranian warship off Sri Lanka coast US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth has confirmed that the US military sank an Iranian warship off the coast of Sri Lanka, calling it the first sinking of an enemy ship by torpedo since World War Two. "An American submarine sunk an Iranian warship that thought it was safe in international waters. Instead, it was sunk by a torpedo.
Turkey says Iranian missile over its airspace destroyed by Nato defences Submitted by MEE staff on Wed, 03/04/2026 - 14:40 Ankara warns it reserves the 'right to respond to any hostile actions' The southern Turkish port city of Iskenderun, in Hatay province, on 6 August 2022 (Omar Haj Kadour/AFP) Off Nato air defence systems have shot down an Iranian ballistic missile heading into Turkish airspace, the Turkish defence ministry said on Wednesday. The ministry said the missile had crossed Iraqi and Syrian airspace and was "neutralised in a timely manner" by Nato's air and missile defences deployed in the eastern Mediterranean. "The fragment of the missile that fell in Dortyol district of Hatay province has been identified as belonging to the air defence missile that intercepted the threat in the air," the ministry said.
Armed Iranian Kurds weigh role in potential US-backed ground assault Submitted by Wladimir van Wilgenburg on Wed, 03/04/2026 - 13:19 Opposition groups neither confirm nor deny possible advance as Washington remains undecided A person carries a flag of Kurdistan as people demonstrate on International Mother Language Day in Qamishli, Syria, 21 February 2026 (Reuters/Orhan Qereman) Off Iranian Kurdish opposition groups have neither confirmed nor denied reports of a possible ground advance from Iraq into western Iran amid the ongoing US-Israeli war . Despite reports that Washington is considering backing an opposition-led assault, the White House has yet to take a final decision on its next move, sources have told Middle East Eye. A source within the Komala party, which has waged an insurgency against the Iranian state for decades, told MEE that it was the "right time now" to return to their hometowns after 47 years in exile.