Hezbollah claims attack on Israeli troops near Lebanon's Khaim Hezbollah has claimed an attack on Israeli troops near the southern Lebanese town of Khiam. In a statement, the group said its fighters detonated an explosive device, which was followed by clashes with Israeli troops. It added that there were casualties among Israeli soldiers.
As anti-war protesters in Western capitals chant “no war with Iran,” some Iranians inside and outside the country are cheering the US-Israeli strikes and publicly thanking President Donald Trump.
Israeli strikes kill 72 people since Monday: Lebanese health ministry Lebanon's health ministry is reporting that Israeli attacks across the country have killed 72 people and displaced 83,000 more since Israel renewed its assault on Monday. The ministry confirmed in a statement that another 437 had been wounded in the attacks, while the minister of social affairs said that 83,847 displaced people are now housed in official shelters. Israel launched strikes across Lebanon on Monday following retaliatory attacks by Hezbollah in response to the assassination of Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei.
Israeli security forces believe Iran government 'not close to collapse' Submitted by Nadav Rapaport on Wed, 03/04/2026 - 16:51 Source tells Israeli news site Walla that Iran is functioning militarily despite heavy blows A flight deck crew member signalling an F‑35 jet on a US aircraft carrier (Centcom via Reuters) On The Israeli security forces believe that Iran’s ruling establishment, despite suffering heavy losses from US -Israeli bombardment, is not close to collapsing, Walla reports. A source within the security forces told the Israeli news site that "the Iranians have learnt" from the last war between Israel and Iran in June 2025. "They are still functioning militarily at a level that is between moderate and weak, but they are functioning.
Israel 'approved Lebanon attack' hours before Hezbollah rocket fire Submitted by Nadav Rapaport on Wed, 03/04/2026 - 15:22 Sources close to Hezbollah tell MEE the group expected an imminent Israeli attack and decided to act first Israeli military vehicles at the Israel-Lebanon border, following an escalation between Hezbollah and Israel amid the US-Israeli conflict with Iran, as seen from northern Israel, 4 March 2026 (Reuters) Off The Israeli government approved an attack on Lebanon on Sunday night, hours before Hezbollah fired rockets at Israel in retaliation for the assassination of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Saturday, Israel's Channel 12 News has reported . According to the report, senior Israeli security officials presented intelligence to the cabinet indicating that Hezbollah was planning to attack Israel. As ministers weighed possible military responses, the report said their primary concern was securing international legitimacy for striking Lebanon.
Global oil and gas prices have spiked as the conflict in the Middle East halts energy exports from the region. The strait of Hormuz has been in effect closed since the war began, causing fears of a global economic crisis. About a fifth of the world’s oil is shipped through the narrow passage of water, but, according to reports, traffic has dropped by about 80%, with little sign of return.
The family of Declan J. Coady grieved the loss of their son and brother. The 20-year-old was one of the four American service members that federal officers identified as having been killed by an Iranian drone attack in the Shuaiba port in Kuwait.
Washington DC [US], March 4 (ANI): US Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth on Wednesday announced that in a few days US and Israel will have complete control over Iranian skies. Hegseth said that Iran cannot outlast them. 'Starting last night, and to be completed in a few days...
Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], March 4 (ANI): Following the death of Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in a joint US-Israeli strike, several Shia Muslims across India have held protests mourning his demise.
WASHINGTON -- The split screen in the Oval Office captured the real moment. On one side, escalating tensions in the Middle East. On the other, Europe's largest economy insisting Russia's war against Ukraine remains the defining test of transatlantic security.
Washington DC [US], March 4 (ANI): United States Secretary of War Pete Hegseth on Wednesday confirmed that a US submarine had sunk the Iranian warship 'IRIS Dena' with a torpedo hit. 'Yesterday, in the Indian Ocean, an American submarine sunk an Iranian warship that thought it was safe in international waters. Instead, it was sunk by a torpedo.
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baqaei condemned the recent US and Israeli strike on Tehran’s Golestan Palace as a "blatant war crime.
Iran to target Israeli embassies worldwide if Israel attacks Lebanon mission Iran's military has threatened to target Israeli embassies worldwide if Israel attacks the country's mission in Lebanon. Abolfazl Shekarchi, spokesman of the Iranian armed forces said that the move would "make all Israeli embassies around the world our legitimate target". The statement comes after the Israeli military's Arabic-language spokesman, Avichay Adraee warned "representatives of the Iranian terror regime who are still in Lebanon to leave immediately before being targeted”, giving them 24 hours to leave.
Airlines began operating repatriation flights on Tuesday for hundreds of passengers stranded by the escalating conflict in the Middle East. Thousands more have left Iran through border crossing with neighboring countries.
Forty nations meet in The Hague to discuss measures against Israel’s West Bank annexation Submitted by Sondos Asem on Wed, 03/04/2026 - 15:01 The Hague Group conference pledges to ensure accountability for international crimes and prevent arms and material support from reaching Israel Ammar Hijazi, the Palestinian ambassador to the Netherlands, speaks at a conference in The Hague on 4 March 2026 (Supplied) Off Forty countries gathered in The Hague on Wednesday to discuss coordinated measures aimed at enforcing international law in Palestine , as governments warn that Israel ’s expanding settlement activity in the occupied West Bank amounts to de facto annexation. The meeting, co-chaired by South Africa and Colombia and convened under the umbrella of The Hague Group , brought together governments from across the Global South and beyond to seek ways to translate political statements into concrete state action. Founded in January 2025, The Hague Group was established to coordinate international legal responses to Israel’s policies in the occupied Palestinian territories and its genocide in Gaza .