U.S. ‘Accelerating’ Military Assault in Iran, Hegseth Says
On the fifth day of the war in Iran, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said that the U. S. military operation was intensifying and that more warplanes were arriving in the region.
On the fifth day of the war in Iran, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said that the U. S. military operation was intensifying and that more warplanes were arriving in the region.
Israeli forces claim attack on major Iranian military compound Israeli forces have claimed an attack on a major Iranian military compound in Tehran housing command centres of the Revolutionary Guards, the elite Quds Force and the Basij paramilitary force. "A short while ago, the Israeli Air Force, precisely guided by IDF (military) intelligence, completed a wide-scale strike targeting a large... military compound in eastern Tehran" that contained "headquarters of all of the Iranian security organisations", the Israeli military said in a statement.
Fidan reveals failed Turkish attempts to stop Iran war Submitted by Ragip Soylu on Wed, 03/04/2026 - 15:44 Ankara couldn't convince Iran to meet Trump or its representatives in multilateral formats and Iran failed to understand the pressure on Trump, says foreign minister Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi (R) speaks with Turkey's Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan in Istanbul, on 21 June 2025 (Yasin Akgul/AFP) Off Turkey's foreign minister on Tuesday disclosed repeated Turkish initiatives to prevent a war between the United States and Iran , saying Tehran had failed to understand the mood in Washington. Hakan Fidan said Turkey took its first steps to bring Iran and the US back to negotiations after a phone call between Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and US President Donald Trump on 27 January. Middle East Eye previously reported that Erdogan had proposed holding a teleconference between Trump and Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian.
Doha rejects Iran's claim that attacks only targeted US sites Qatar's foreign minister "categorically rejected" statements by his Iranian counterpart that Iran's attacks had targeted only US assets in the country and not civilian infrastructure. Qatar's foreign ministry said in a post on X that Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani called for an immediate halt to the strikes. The diplomat added that Qatar would confront any aggression with its "right to self-defence", stressing that Doha has always been inclined towards dialogue and diplomacy conducted in good faith.
US military claims to have struck or sunk over 20 Iranian ships US forces have struck or sunk over 20 Iranian ships since the country launched its attacks on Tehran, the US Central Command said on Wednesday.
At least 87 killed in US attack on Iranian warship off Sri Lanka's coast Submitted by MEE staff on Wed, 03/04/2026 - 13:41 US defence secretary confirmed the submarine strike, saying Iran's navy 'rests at the bottom of the Persian Gulf' Galle coast after a US submarine attack on the Iranian military ship Iris Dena, off Sri Lanka, in Galle, Sri Lanka, on 4 March 2026 (Thilina Kaluthotage/Reuters) Off At least 87 people were killed in a deadly US strike on an Iranian warship off Sri Lanka's coast, the country's deputy foreign minister said on Wednesday. The Sri Lankan navy said rescue efforts are underway after a US submarine fired a torpedo at the Iranian frigate Iris Dena, which was manned by 180 people. US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth confirmed to reporters at a Pentagon briefing on Wednesday that a submarine had conducted the attack, adding that "the Iranian navy rests at the bottom of the Persian Gulf".
Israeli forces enter several Lebanese villages: Report Israeli forces have entered several towns and villages in southern Lebanon, AFP is reporting, citing a source from the UN peacekeeping force in the country, Unifil. According to the source, troops were present in several villages, including Kfar Kila, Houla, Kfar Shouba, Yaroun and Khiam, which lies 6km from the border. This follows an order by Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz on Tuesday for forces to seize additional positions in southern Lebanon in a bid to establish a buffer zone against Hezbollah.
Oil tanker traffic through Strait of Hormuz plummets by 90 percent: Report Oil tanker traffic through the Strait of Hormuz has plummeted by 90 percent since Israel and the US launched its five-day onslaught on Iran, energy market intelligence firm Kpler reported. This comes after Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) announced they had "complete control" over the passage, through which a fifth of the world's oil is shipped. On Monday, Brig Gen Ebrahim Jabbari, a senior adviser to the commander-in-chief of Iran’s revolution guards, threatened to "attack and set ablaze any ship attempting to cross".
US defense secretary was evasive when asked about the airstrike that Iranian officials say killed at least 165 students Minab school bombing: how the worst mass casualty event of the Iran war unfolded – a visual guide Pete Hegseth, the US defense secretary, offered few details and was evasive when asked about the deadly strike on a girls’ school in Iran, saying only that the US was “investigating” the incident. Iranian officials say the attack, which happened on Saturday, killed at least 165 students. Continue reading...
The war will have incalculable implications for Europe – and yet, the chancellor has held back from publicly challenging an increasingly erratic Donald Trump • Don’t get This Is Europe delivered to your inbox? Sign up here You could be forgiven for thinking Friedrich Merz would rather be anywhere but Germany of late. But hopes that his stop in Washington this week would provide the chancellor even a brief respite from woes at home were dashed by Donald Trump’s risky Iran gamble.
Vladimir Zhirinovsky's 2022 warning has resurfaced following US-Israeli strikes on the Islamic Republic Late Russian statesman Vladimir Zhirinovsky's prediction that a conflict centered on Iran could trigger World War III has resurfaced amid the major US and Israeli military campaign against Tehran.
The US has carried out a submarine torpedo strike that sank an Iranian warship near the south coast of Sri Lanka , according to the US secretary of defence. Pete Hegseth confirmed the US was behind the deadly strike on an Iranian frigate that killed more than 80 people US submarine sank Iranian warship off Sri Lanka’s coast, Hegseth says Continue reading...
Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], March 4 (ANI): The Jammu & Kashmir Students Association (JKSA) on Wednesday raised serious concerns with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar regarding the safety of Indian students stranded in different parts of Iran amid the ongoing airstrikes and escalating hostilities.
London [UK], March 4 (ANI): British Prime Minister Keir Starmer on Wednesday invoked UK's special friendship in action to respond to the latest round of criticism from US President Donald Trump. Starmer said that hanging to Trump's words was not a sign of the relationship in action. Addressing the UK Parliament Starmer said, 'American planes are operating out of British bases.
Dubai [UAE], March 4 (ANI): Emirates Airlines on Wednesday announced that all scheduled flights to and from Dubai will remain suspended until March 7 due to ongoing airspace closures across the region amid the escalated West Asia conflict.
Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) [India], March 4 (ANI): Kerala Minister MB Rajesh on Wednesday stated that the state government has taken all possible measures to ensure the safety of non-Resident Keralites in the Gulf countries to address their concerns and provide resolutions amid the rising tension in West Asia and the Gulf region.
Dubai [UAE], March 4 (ANI): Lara Dutta Bhupathi on Wednesday revealed that she is in Dubai with her daughter, Saira, amid ongoing tensions in the Middle East due to the Iran-Israel conflict. Describing the past few days as stressful, she shared in a video on her Instagram, 'Lots of fighter jets flying overhead, lots of loud booms.
Late-night hosts on Tuesday addressed the war in Iran, the closing of Papa Johns restaurants and the upcoming White House correspondents dinner Late-night hosts criticized Donald Trump ’s attacks on Iran, the problem with advising Americans to evacuate the Middle East and the closure of many college students’ favorite pizza takeout spot. Continue reading...
Turkey summons Iranian envoy over missiles fired towards airspace The Turkish foreign ministry has summoned the Iranian ambassador to Ankara to express concerns over a ballistic missile fired from Iran into its airspace, a Turkish diplomatic source said. Nato air defences destroyed the missile launched from Iran into Turkish airspace earlier on Wednesday, marking the first time a Nato member has been drawn into the conflict.
Oman rescues 24 people from ship following attack Oman's navy has rescued 24 people from a Maltese-flagged cargo ship after it was attacked by missiles near the Strait of Hormuz, Oman's news agency reported. According to the report, the 24-strong crew were rescued and provided with medical treatment.